We recently launched our first portal offering for the Indian web (& mobile) users! Please do visit http://www.tolmolbol.com.
What we are!
Tolmolbol is a consumer-centric city portal that helps ordinary folks like you and me get to know our neighbourhoods better. We unveiled tolmolbol.com at Proto, 2007 (Jan 20th, 2007) in Chennai (the Indian version of Demo), a conference that brought select Indian start-ups together.
Our goal is to make tolmolbol your friendly neighbourhood web-guide where you can:
* search for information about local businesses or professionals,
* voice out your opinions and reviews,
* forge a network of friends,
* communicate and discover upcoming events,
* place classified ads,
* reach out to your community,
* share information with others to make informed shopping decisions, and
* SMS information regarding businesses, events and classifieds to your mobile phones (for free).
What we are not!
* an out and out social networking site.
* Orkut, Hi5, Low5 or for that matter any other USD 300 script copying MySpace.
* Yellow Pages – yellow pages don’t tell you if you should be visiting a place, we would like to be the one who can help you decide that.
* Niche/lifestyle reviewing site
* We are not an auctioning/bidding site 🙂 (due to the confusion with Tol Mol ke Bol programme)
Our slogan – “Get local, be vocal!”. So we hope to see you on www.Tolmolbol.com, giving back to your community and your neighbourhood.